"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life"
Robert Louis Stevenson

July 16, 2012

Boring Pinecones?



I have a pine tree in my front garden and for the last 3 months it has been letting off tons of pine cones every week.  So last week, while mom was still visiting, we decided on crafting with the kids and the obvious choice was to use pine cones.  Mom and I also did some pine cone painting and mom made one that I really liked and I ended up using it as part of my dinning room decor.

The funny thing is that I always thought of pine cones as a Christmas sort of thing and never imagine using them other than for Christmas.  But since last week I have a new perspective on pine cones and I thought it would be nice to share, so here it goes:

 You only need:
-paintbrush,
-paint,
-glitter,
-pine cones (different size and shapes for a nicer effect)
-open bowl or decoration dish.  












The process was very easy just paint the pine cone with the paintbrush and immediately pour on some glitter and let it dry for a few hours. 
Once dried, arrange all pine cones in a bowl and add the painted pine cone(s) as accent or focal point for the arrangement.  


No comments:

Post a Comment