"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life"
Robert Louis Stevenson

August 15, 2012

Lovely Thistles?

Beautiful thistles


Last weekend, my mother in law came to visit and she brought with her a beautiful bouquet made out of white roses, cresentias and thistles!  Yep, I never expected to see thistles in a bouquet and believe me, it has been one of the most beautiful flower arrangements I've ever received.  Not only do the white and lila color combination look lovely, but the bouquet has a great sense of space.  What I mean by this is that every thistle, every rose, every cresentia has its owns space, it is not crowded, and I think it is all thanks to the very different dimensions and sizes of these three flowers.   It just feels as this combination was always meant to be together, yet it is the first time I see it.

It has been one of those simple  little things that has brought a smile to my face everyday when I see it.  Hope the picture sort of does the same thing to you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment